Friday, September 4, 2009

POTTY- TRAINED

Ben is potty-trained! He must have known that his momma was stressed, busy and exhausted because he never even talked to me about "the potty." A few weeks ago, he just started going into the bathroom by himself and taking care of business. Chris and I were in the middle of packing, buying a house and trying to get moved, so I was of no help. Sorry, little buddy! I didn't even provide the kid with a step stool to get himself on the toilet. He scaled it on his own and managed never to fall in. In fact, I almost inhibited his process by putting him in a diaper every time we left the house. I just figured we would train once we were settled and never thought about it again. (That is sad, isn't it?) In the meantime, we made it to Kansas City, and Ben kept taking his diapers off and getting himself to the bathroom when he needed to. When I realized he wasn't interested in diapers anymore, we bought some "big boy" undies one day while shopping at Super Target. He chose Mickey Mouse, Diego and Elmo undies and we bought them all since I was anticipating lots of accidents. Momma was wrong, again. To date, he has yet to have an accident and it has been two weeks since we bought the undies. He tells me when he needs to go AND holds it until we find a bathroom! It's unbelievable. I am so proud of him. What a big milestone!! I love ya, Ben. You're a good boy! Even if you do insist on wearing ALL of your new undies at the same time!

No comments: