Sunday, October 25, 2009

TIME OUT FOR WOMEN


This weekend I attended my first TIME OUT FOR WOMEN with two of my very best girlfriends. One lives in Omaha, the other in Lake of the Ozarks, so we met here in KC for some girl fun. Friday night it was pedicures and dinner before heading to the hotel for lots of chit-chatting! Saturday we were up early and spent the day at the conference. The company was absolutely fabulous and the speakers were so inspirational and entertaining. I loved it!

I took tons of notes since everything that was said seemed to be just what I needed:

1. You will meet the Lord in the furnace much sooner than you'll meet Him in the sky.
2. The most difficult child engages us most as a parent.
3. Patience and trust in our Heavenly Father will untangle our lives. Let Him lead the way.
4. "Be content with what we are." -Marjory Hinckley
5. Choose carefully each day that which you will do.
6. Start each morning by saying into the mirror, "I think I will be delightful today."
7. Write love notes to Christopher.
8. Read "Small and Simple Things" by Marjory Hinckley
9. Ask myself, what is it like to be married to me?
10. We are the offering that we bring to the sacrament table.
11. We know God loves all of His children, but we don't know the meaning of all things.
12. Some things are worth doing badly....Don't miss out on opportunities 
just because it can't be done well.
13. It is the grace of Jesus Christ that gives us the power to get through challenges. 
It is Christ that makes the impossible possible.
14. Hope for better things to come, for a better world on the the right hand of God. Our struggles today will get us to that better place.
15. When our challenges don't come from sin, we know our Heavenly Father is ready for us to grow and become more for Him.
16. Our prayers poured out to God carve out a place for joy to be in our lives.
17. Christ is the light, the Son of God. what is the position of the Son in my life?
18. Challenges don't have to be so serious!

I really liked these two quotes and the poem, too. I couldn't write fast enough so I just took a picture of the screen!







No comments: