Saturday, February 9, 2013

SIX

I swear it was just yesterday that I was holding my ten-pound baby boy in my arms! Now he is tall and strong and and such a lovey. He is hilarious and smart and has the softest heart. I don't know what I would do without you, Benny! In honor of your birthday, here are six things I love about you:

1. I love your sense of humor. When you say things like "That's insane!" or

2. You are a kind little boy. Every night you come into Kate's room and give her goodnight kiss and hug while she is being rocked. The look on your face is always the same, one full of love and adoration for your baby. A couple weeks ago at soccer, this one weird kid was totally driving you crazy. Then later on, he got hurt in the game and you were the first one to help him up, pat his back and make sure he was okay. Heart of gold.

3. You never forget a detail. I forget stuff all the time but you, oh no. You remember where I left Kitty's shoes and the conversation we had a year ago in the car about mermaids. It is unbelievable!

4. You LOVE to have me take you to school in the mornings. We have this little ritual where you get out of the car and run to the end of the sidewalk. I pull up and unroll my window in time to hear you yell, "Bye, Mom! I love you! Bye!" as you blow kisses. I yell back and send kisses to you until you turn the corner and head into school. It is so sweet. The other day we started talking about the bus and you got tears in your eyes just telling me about how much you like having me take you.

5. You are fast on your two- wheel bike! We have fun racing down the street and somehow, you ALWAYS win!! Listening to you trash-talk your mom makes losing fun.;)

6. You love to have me tuck you in at night with a nice kiss and a really good hug. If it's not very good, you'll ask for another one.

This list could be pages long, there are so many things I love about you!! Thank you, Ben, for being my sweet boy. I hope you have a wonderful birthday. Being a six-year-old is exciting! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX Mom



No comments: