Thursday, July 30, 2009

JOB


This is the post I have been waiting all year to type....CHRIS HAS A JOB!!!!!! It is almost surreal. Can the year-long nightmare that we have been living really be coming to a close? It's hard for me to say this but I think all of the prayers and stress and worry we've been through has been worth the peace and excitement we are feeling right now!!

So here is how it happened......several weeks ago, Chris applied for a banking position at Bank of America in Kansas City, Missouri. (Keep in mind, he doesn't love banking. Some days he doesn't even like it. However, times have been tough and we are no longer picky when it comes to the job market.) Anyway, BOA called him immediately and started the interview process. They weren't thrilled that he lived so far away and were quick to state that they do not relocate. We told them that was fine, we needed a job more than a moving company anyway. Over the next couple of weeks, he interviewed via the phone and flew out to Kansas City for an interview. He thought the people all seemed very nice but tried not to get his hopes up. Heaven knows we've done that a couple of times......

This morning, the kids and I were making pancakes when Chris came into the kitchen and said, "Well, you can quit your job!" I just stared at him. I asked him if he was serious and what the heck was going on. He had a paper in hand with all the details, so we all sat down at the table, had a prayer and then he told us everything over breakfast. Kansas City, move as soon as we want, great salary and benefits, lots of vacation time, not much commuter traffic, well priced housing market. Oh, and did I mention they threw in a nice relocation package?! We were all immediately excited; the kids didn't whimper even a moment about leaving their friends and school. The feeling in our house at that moment was so amazing. We were all filled with such a feeling of relief and a calmness that I knew instantly that this is what we have been waiting for. We are supposed to be moving to Kansas City and now is the right time. I was initially worried about Chris and how he felt about getting back into banking, but he is full of confidence and relief and excitement, too. This is going to be good for us. All of us. And we could not feel more blessed!

3 comments:

Sarah S. said...

Jenn I am so happy for you guys. You will probably always remember this day and the feelings you had. I'm sure your kids will as well and it will help them throughout their lives. Kansas City is beautiful! Good luck with all the adventures of finding housing. I'm so excited fo you guys!

Cher said...

All I can say is Yay Yay Yay!!!!!

Unknown said...

It sounds like everything is going fantastic for the Smith's in Kansas City. I'm so proud of how you guys handled the tough period that you have been through. I know you will be blessed for the faith that you had that everything would work out the way it was supposed to. Love Dad