Sunday, August 2, 2009

HOUSE

Wow, have the last two days been INSANE!!!! We accepted the job offer on Thursday afternoon, I put in my resignation at the hospital Friday morning and Chris left at noon on Friday for Kansas City. He has been there all weekend, checking the city out, finding a nice suburb for us and looking at houses. Before he left, we both had seen a house online that we really liked. He went to see it yesterday, put an offer in last night and it was accepted this morning! Hurray....in just a few short weeks we will be moving into our new place. It has a nice neighborhood with lots of kids and trees and is close to everything. I am so excited. Almost numb, really- it doesn't seem like things have gone this smoothly in a very long time! What an absolute blessing this is. The kids were so excited when I showed them the pictures of the house. They feel good about all of this, too. In fact, the first thing Nick said to me when he woke up this morning was, "Is today the day we can share our testimonies at church?" I told him it was and he said, "Well good, I have mine ready." He's never born his testimony before in sacrament before so I wasn't sure if he'd really do it. (Just in case, I reminded him that testimony meeting is a time to share feelings we have for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, not for making big announcements or sharing family secrets!) The minute we got to church and sat down, he started asking, "When do I go up? Can I go now? How about now?" He waited impatiently and was the second person up there when the time finally came. He marched right up to the microphone and in his sweet little voice said the following: "I want to bare my testimony that my dad got a job in Kansas City. We prayed for him to get a job. Heavenly Father helped us so we could stay at our Grandma's house for a couple of days. We have a new house and it's close to school and to my church so I can walk. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." I was so proud of him, that took a lot of courage. It's wonderful to know that, even through such a dark, depressing time, our family has emerged unscathed, happy and more able to recognize the blessings that have come not only at the end of this trial but also during it!

3 comments:

Cher said...

That is so wonderful! I am so excited for all of you!

Sarah S. said...

It is soo meant to be!

Frozen Chosen said...

OH! Yeah. I'm so excited for you! We were just in KS in June. Now we'll have a even better excuse to go again! Glad you'r back in the blogging world & life is lookin good. Call me sometime. We miss you guys!