Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A DAY WITH BEN

Ben and I had a great day today. I was missing him after the last two days of running around and him being either at school or playing at a friends house. So I decided to just let him dictate our morning together and it was so fun. We walked the big kids to school and then he decided we needed to head to "his park." (Our neighbor hood park is called "Bennett Park" but we call it "Ben's Park.") So off we went to play, still wearing our pajamas and flip flops. It was supposed to be a rainy day so I took an umbrella with us. It didn't last long though, Ben was using it as a fighting shield, tripped and snapped all the little metal things! We made it to the park just in time for it to start raining. We played a minute, picked up tons  of "gun" sticks and then made our way back home. I am sure we looked totally homeless, little Ben shivering with his handful of sticks and me, with my bed head, trying to keep us dry with the ratty broken umbrella. Up the hills we trudged. We finally got home and Ben insisted he needed chocolate. "Just one, mom, just one." Oh, yeah. I know how that just one thing goes.... so we gathered up all of our easter bunny books and cuddled in the big chair, nibbling chocolate and cuddling. It was wonderful.

My sewing machine was sitting out on the table and guess who was totally mesmerized by it! So we sat down and together made him a little tiny "pocket" to hold all of his pennies. He helped by controlling the reverse button and was thrilled to be legally touching mommy's toy. He's wearing his pocket in the photo below and has worn it every minute since!

Later on, Ben offered to make us lunch. A few graham crackers, peanut butter and chocolate chips and wa-lah...lunch! As I was stock piling chocolate chips onto my little graham, he was neatly lining his up. I can only hope this is an indication of how he will keep his room when he is older!

I absolutely LOVE having this little guy as my daytime buddy. He talks my ear off with his stories and ideas and make believe. He is sweet and sassy and just says the cutest things. I can't imagine my days without him! Love you, Ben!


No comments: