Monday, April 5, 2010

HAIRCUT


I have to apologize to my boys for this post. Chances are that it will be years before they can forgive me and I completely understand. See,  I had been meaning to get their haircut for a few weeks but just never quite got it done. Until Easter Sunday evening. I had seen enough of the shaggy dogs and took matters into my own, untrained, hands. This was my first mistake, actually thinking for one second that I could cut their hair into something nice and presentable. I had forgotten about the time years ago when I convinced my high-school aged brother to let me cut his hair and he was ridiculed by what he calls "a retard" and had to wear a hat for 6 weeks. Anywho, I couldn't find Chris' clippers but knew that we had another set of clippers for the dog (I know, I know) that were hardly used and I figured they were close enough. Second mistake: I know zip about clippers... people, dog, or otherwise. I went to work on those boys out on the front porch for the world to see. At first everything seemed fine and then all of a sudden, things went terribly wrong. (See photos.) Chris begged me to stop but I couldn't. I thought I could fix them. I just kept at them until there was nothing left to do but stop. And wait patiently for Great Clips to open in the morning so I could order two buzz cuts, S.T.A.T. In the meantime, we renamed the boys Shane and Robby and laughed our guts out everytime we looked at them. Momma dun good, eh boys? No really, I want you guys to know that I was crying on the inside, too, because of my foolishness. And I paid for it the next day when I had to trapse you out into public and admit to the strange lady at the haircut place what had happened to you. The buzz cuts, although I have never been a fan, did wonders for you both and now we have the summer to let things grow out. I really am so sorry. And you have my word that I will never, ever come near you with anything more than hairgel. Promise.


No comments: