Tuesday, April 27, 2010

SOLVED

I thought I was going crazy. For the last week or so, every time I entered our main floor guest bathroom, I could smell the most awful stench. And everytime I would get out the bleach wipes and wipe the place down. It never helped and the smell was not only staying, but getting worse by the day. Finally I had had enough. It was making me gag to even have the bathroom door open! For the bazillionth time, I scrubbed down the bathroom, wiped out the cabinet beneath the sink and mopped up the floor. Little Ben was "helping" me and when I left for a minute to put the cleaning supplies away, I heard him say, "Eggs, mom! Eggs!" "What?!" I hollered back at him from the kitchen. "Eggs, mom," he said again, "Come see." Sure enough, as soon as I rounded the corner to enter the bathroom I saw them. Eggs. Dyed easter eggs, to be exact. Easter was April 2nd. Today was April 27th. What the?! These lovely, little creations had been stored by little mister you-know-who in the tiny drawer that is hidden behind the bathroom door when it is open. I had never closed the door when I was cleaning-heaven knows it needed to air out-but Ben must have closed the door, seen the drawer and then remembered his secret stash. The eggs had actually rotted themselves, pretty dye and all, to the bottom of the drawer! It actually took me longer to explain to Ben why he could absolutely not keep his eggs than it did to clean up the stinky mess. Soon our bathroom was back to smelling fresh and clean...for about five minutes...!

No comments: