Tuesday, December 21, 2010

CHRISTMAS PARTIES

Today was the kids' Christmas Party day at school! Chris had a free afternoon so he and I met for a little lunch date and then split up for the parties.  I went to the elementary school to Olivia and Nick's classrooms and he went to Ben's preschool for the afternoon. I have to say how pleased I was when he showed me the pictures he had taken at Ben's party. Yep, he took the camera and used it! The theme of the party was "Create With Me" so they made Christmas pictures for each other, build forts with giant blocks, decorated cookies and sang Christmas carols. I loved being able to see what they had done together!







The big kids had fun parties, too. (If I had remembered to take a camera, maybe there would be pictures of the cute stuff they were doing...!) Nick's class made some really fun crafts and had lots of yummy treats to share. Olivia's class did a really neat "Polar Express" themed party, complete with golden tickets and a scavenger hunt and everything. They decorated a Christmas tree for their classmate who is home sick for the year with bone cancer, too, and it turned out so cute.

It's days like this that I am so glad to be home during the day so I can spend time with them at school. It has been fun volunteering in their classrooms on Thursday afternoons for the same reason... I get to see them in action with all of their little friends!

No comments: