Monday, February 21, 2011

TEN

Sweet Livi had a birthday. A BIG one. She told me that this birthday was big because "I am adding another number to my age. The only time that will happen again is if I make it to 100." She also told me that, for her party, she wanted to have "You, know, a girls night like you have with your friends. Food out on the table, and a few friends sitting around talking." I do love this child.

The Friday before Liv's birthday was a day off from school so her best friend came over at the crack of dawn and the two of them did all the party prep. Decorations, music, food, you name it. I made the brownies but I think that was it! By the time the party was ready to start, Olivia was just a buzzing mess of excited nerves. When I told her everything was ready and it was going to be a great night, she gave me a tiny hug and said, "Oh, thanks mom. For everything." and dashed off to get the door. I melted.....

Those girls laughed and played games and sang at the top of their lungs all night long. There was only four of them, but one would have thought the entire school was in our basement. They had a great time.

At Olivia's request, the boys were kept upstairs and out of sight. They were perfectly happy watching a movie and cuddling Chris in our bedroom.
Sunday was Olivia's official birthday. She woke up to streamers all over her room and the birthday breakfast table set just for her. She opened all of her gifts right away this year, usually she spreads them out a little! We sent her on a scavenger hunt for her big present...a gorgeous pair of cowgirl boots she had been drooling over online!




After church we came home and had her very favorite dinner, roast beef with mashed potatoes and rolls. She alos requested a white cake with buttercream frosting but just couldn't decide how it should be decorated. I asked if she wanted to decorate it herself and she jumped at that idea, deciding right away to do a "midnight walk" theme.  So while she was outside playing basketball with Chris and the boys, I put the cake together and frosted it the "dusky blue" color she requested. She came in and worked diligently and this darling little scene. I was so proud of her! Check out the owl on the rock:


What a girl. I hope all your birthday wishes came true, sissy. I love you so much and have so much fun watching you get big. Somedays you are such a mature lady, reading novels and rockin on the piano and then the next day you want to cuddle or spend an hour searching for that stinky old "Lion" and I get to have my little Livi back again. You are the best. I love all the talks we have and the special relationship we share!  Our family wouldn't be the same without you. Happy Birthday, sweet pea. 
XOXO, Mommy

No comments: