Monday, February 14, 2011

VALENTINE'S DAY

The boys attacking sissy with kisses on Valentine's Day
Oh, how I do love a good Valentines Day. Just a reason to celebrate maybe? I don't know, but it's fun. I ask my kids "Who's your Valentine this year?" for weeks and weeks befroe hand or until they finally say, "You are, mom." This year I was pleasantly surprised when Nick came home from school a few days before the big day and said,"Mom, a girl at school asked if she could be my valentine but I told her I already had one. You." Melt my heart, boy, melt my heart.....

Friday I was at the school for the big kids' Valentine parties and then Chris and I went out over the weekend for a little dinner and shopping. It was so great. Funny thing though, we end up at Outback Steakhouse more often than not for Valentine's Day. I have no idea why since we never go there. But we love it in February and it was as relaxing and yummy as ever. Then we went to the nearby outdoor shopping center and hit the bookstore and Bath and Body Works. Chris was a trip. I have always known the guy likes good smelling bath products, especially the fruity stuff. I told him I had to grab a couple of things and we would just be in and out....45 minutes later, he had sniffed every item in the store and sampled a wide variety of hand scrubs, lotions, chapsticks and body sprays. And he bought himself some shower gel. He LOVED it. And I was so entertained! I love this guy because he is so not boring....

Monday was the real Valentine's Day so we had a valentine breakfast before school and then Ben's pre-school had their party in the afternoon. It is such a big deal to have me come to his class. I love it. He tells me everything that is going on and is very good about filling me in on who everyone is and where they sit and what is next on the schedule, etc. etc.

For dinner that night, Olivia and I whipped up a fancy italian candle light dinner for the boys while they were all at karate. The chocolate fondue dessert was probably the biggest hit. I made everyone their own rice hot pack with a little card that said, "Valentine, You warm my heart." They were in heaven. They have been used every single night since. And we no longer have to take reservations for the one I received as a gift from a friend at Christmas!



I love this family. I love every single second I spend with them and there is no place I would rather be than at home, all of us hanging out together.  XOXOXOXOX
 

No comments: