Tuesday, January 7, 2014

MAKE UP

So I went to grab a something in my bedroom and found the door to be locked. That is an immediate red flag because just two minutes ago, Kate was laying on the floor watching Cinderella on my laptop. In my sternish-nice voice, I said, "Kate. Unlock the door. Right now." Immediately I hear scurrying. I hear a "okay! I coming!" In her "I am not doing anything wrong" voice. Two seconds go by. 

"Kate. Now." 
"Okaaaaaay." Voice trails off as she gets further and further from the door. I hear here in the adjoining master bath.
"KATE. RIGHT NOW."
"I am coming. I am.....watching?" Voice trails off again.
I run to the kitchen to find a paper lip. Whatever is going on in there is not good and I want to catch her red-handed. I pop the lock like a professional burglar but I am half a second too late. I find her in the master bath, hands empty. She did however, forget to close my make-up drawer and it is wide open behind her. She also failed to wipe my eye brightener off her lips.


"Kate, did you get into my make up?"
"No."
Again. "Kate, did you get into my make up?"
"No."
"Why is it all over your face?"
"I don't know."
"So you didn't put it there?"
"No."
"Who did?"
"Me."
"So you DID get into my make up."
"No. Where's Ben?"
She is looking for a rescuer. Unfortunately for her, he is at school. It's just you and me, babe.
"I can tell you were in my make up, Kate. So you are not going to be able to watch Cinderella anymore today."
MELTDOWN. Disc taken out of computer and we walk into the kitchen.
"Mom I so sorry I got in your make up."
"Thankyou Kate."
"Now I watch Cinderella?!?!"
"No. Not until tomorrow because you got into mommy's make up."
MELTDOWN.
Nap time.:)

No comments: