Sunday, May 10, 2009

MOTHER'S DAY




I love Mother's Day! The kids woke up early and were at the side of the bed bearing gifts just as I was opening my eyes. Nick actually ran in earlier to use our bathroom and on the way out whispered, "Happy Mother's Day!" The homemade cards, handpainted flower pot, gorgeous yellow tulips and yummy breakfast were just what this mommy needed. My family always makes me feel so special. Chris is so cute about helping the kids shop and cook and reminding them not to fight since "it's moms special day."

Today was extra special because my mom was here and we celebrated together. After my yummy breakfast, the kids and I made her breakfast and gave her the gifts and flowers we had for her. She is such a wonderful Mom and Grammie. Everything I am I learned from her. She is loving and generous and wise. She is smart and funny and has gone to the ends of the earth more than once to be at my side when I needed her. She knows me better than I know myself sometimes and I count her as one of my very best friends. I love you, Mom. Thanks for being the best mom in the world!
After church we came home and Chris grilled up a yummy dinner for all of us. He worked his heart out and it showed. He is getting to be a master in the kitchen. I may have to stop cooking all together! The kids and I watched a movie and napped while he cleaned up. Seriously, what a guy. I couldn't be the mom I am without his constant help and love!

I adore this little family. Every minute of every day, I think about them and want to be with them. My favorite time of the week is when we are all home together, talking and reading and having fun. My kids are beautiful and funny and full of life. They are so different from each other and I love it. I tell each one that they "are my favorite" because they are. I can't imagine my days without their smiles and whining and stories and tears. They are my life. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

One of the my most favorite photos of Nick

Liv and I at Girls Camp

Goof-ball Ben and I, stealing each other's gum

No comments: