Thursday, June 4, 2009

PIANO


Today Olivia had her first ever piano recital! She started playing a little over a year ago and seems to really enjoy it. Her instructor is an amazingly talented friend of ours and Olivia loves going to her house for lessons. The last couple of months, she has been working hard to memorize her pieces, " Ode to Joy" and "Spoonful of Sugar." In the car on the way to the recital, I heard her say to Nick, "You can't blame me for being a little nervous about this." Her performance was flawless and I was the proudest mother in the room! I don't know how she does it, playing and singing in front of such big audiences like she does. I was just thinking the other day about how many times she has sung solos and duets in front of huge groups of people.... I would die at the thought so I know for sure this talent of hers had nothing to do with me! Keep up the good work, Livi! You have a beautiful voice and talented piano hands!

No comments: