Tuesday, June 16, 2009

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY


Today we celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary! We always have fun on our anniversary, no matter what we do. This year my parents watched the kiddies for us and we went to dinner at a yummy little place just outside of town. Nothing huge and fancy, but it was so nice being out without the kids! After dinner we came home with the intention of sitting in the hot tub, but we were too tired...seriously, is this a sign of an old married couple or what?! We wrote our annual anniversary letters to each other which is probably the thing we love the most about the day. It's so fun to read the letters from the previous year and be able to answer all the burning questions we had at the time.

I know it's sounds so cliche, but I can hardly believe we've been married for 12 years and have 3 kiddies, and a dog to show for it. Sometimes the days are slow, but the years seem to fly by! I am glad I can say that I love Chris more now than I ever thought possible. We've been through so much together, the good and bad and everything in between, and there is no one I would rather have done it all with. A girl at work recently asked me, in confidentiality, if I had the chance to do it all over again from scratch, would I marry my husband? The question surprised me, I thought about it, and then answered. I would definitely, without hesitation, do it exactly the same. I can't imagine my world with Chris in it. He is my best friend, my partner in crime, and my life would not be complete with him!

No comments: