Saturday, February 20, 2010

OLIVIA'S BIRTHDAY

Olivia was so excited for her birthday this year. She spent lots of time planning her Luau party so it would be just perfect! Nine girls came over the night before her actual birthday party to celebrate with her. She had all kinds of games lined up but they spent most of the night talking, dancing and "hanging out." It was so fun to watch. She is getting big though- no one needed their pizza cut up and my job was soley to keep the food coming! Her menu consisted of all of her favorite things: pizza, wings, strawberrie fruit kebobs, Cheetos, and homemade fudge. And a brownie cake. "Just brownies in a pan, mom. With chocolate frosting." Got it.




The girls conversations were hilarious! They were "cute shirting" each other and gossiping in between taking photos of everything. Some of my favorite comments of the night:

1.  "Fruit Kebobs?! I am in heaven!"
2.  "I don't speak Olivia."
3.  "Boys are dumb in the brain."
4.  "My brother is in 5th grade and he still can't tie his shoes correctly."

a crazy balloon game

opening gifts

The night was great! Olivia went to bed and Chris and I got ready for her family party the next day. Our birthday celebrations start with decorating the birthday kids room and then setting the kitchen table with gifts and surprises. They always wake up extra early and race downstairs to see what is waiting for them on the table!

Livi's birthday breakfast surprises

Most of the snowy day was spent at home, doing two of Liv's favorite things- reading and watching movies with the fam. She loves her birthday for lots of reasons, but the fact that she gets out of all her chores for the day and gets to pick her birthday dinner top the list. Her choice every time: Roast with mashed potatoes and gravy! 

Usually the kids tell me what kind of birthday cake they would like, but this year Liv let me surprise her. Boy was she surprised when she cut into this one!




Olivia, I am so happy you loved your birthday. I loved celebrating with you! You are my special little friend and I am so grateful to be your mommy. You have such a caring, tender heart and a great sense of humor. I love all of our talks together and that we are so close. I hope you always know just how much your mommy loves you. Happy Birthday to my big NINE year old! XOXOXOX

No comments: