Saturday, February 6, 2010

SHOES

Today Nick and Olivia and I hit a few thrift stores in search of amazing treasures. The kids had never been to a thrift store and loved the concept of buying other people's used stuff for cheap....just like their momma! I didn't find anything I really loved but Nick sure did. He has been wanting a pair of white Rhino sneakers and he was SO thrilled to find a pair in just his size. They were the "tie kind" though and he didn't know how to tie. I told him if he learned to tie the minute we got home, he could buy them. Three dollars later, a very happy child hopped in my car with a new(ish) pair of shoes. He kept to the deal and we got started on learning to tie within minutes of arriving home. And just a few minutes after that, we were done. He figured it out the first time through and I haven't tied those Rhinos even once!

No comments: