Tuesday, June 29, 2010

CRICKET

Today the kids had a birthday party to go to over at the neighbors and I had a meeting at the exact same time. Chris didn't mind taking them over...... I should have known something crazy would go on with their dad as their chaperone at the "Bug and Frog" party. I showed up at the tail-end of the bash and Livi could hardly wait to tell me that she voluntarily ate a whole cricket, "legs and all." I could not believe her for anything, knowing that she is the same child that doesn't like spaghetti most days, prefers not to eat carrots, and doesn't "love" peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Since when did she like crickets?! She informed me that it was salt and vinegar flavored and, apparently, that made all the difference. My neighbor finally pulled out the package of remains to prove Olivia's bravery. Listen kid, If you can eat a cricket and live to tell about it, you can eat ANYTHING I fix for you!!! I Love ya, Liv! You ARE a brave little thing!

No comments: