Saturday, February 14, 2009

BE MINE


Our family loves Valentine's Day! This year, we got the celebration underway with valentine signing, treat preparations and school parties. Nick made his first ever valentine box
and one of the sweetest Valentine's I have ever received:
He had a blast at his school party and sure enjoyed all the cards and treats he was able to bring home!
The second greaders at Olivia's school were also treated to a special party For the past twelve years, the parents of all the second graders have hosted a million dollar lucheon at "The Heartland Cafe." The children were seated at fancy tables set with flowers, candles and menus. Each child had a fat wallet of money and twelve courses were served to the kids who paid big bucks for all the food.
I was so happy that Olivia wanted me to come and help out! She greeted me with a big hug and we had a really fun time together. (I do know that, one day soon, her feelings about mom hanging around will probably change...but I can hope that, when I show up at the "After-Prom" party with 10 dozen frosted cupcakes, she will still be thrilled to see me!)Since Valentine's Day landed on a Saturday this year,we had a fun family breakfast in the morning. I picked up some yummy cinnamon and carmel rolls on my way home from work and we all exchanged valentines with one another. The kids loved it. Benjamin added a special twist to the occasion by snarfing down some "all natural" chocolate bar so fast that he barfed it up on his dad just minutes later. Now that's love! I have to say that this is pretty close to how things go at our house, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love you, Smiths! Be Mine?

No comments: