Friday, February 20, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LIVI!


Olivia J. Smith is eight years old! We had such a great time celebrating her birthday. Chris decorated her bedroom with streamers and balloons and had her special birthday breakfast(Lucky Charms & pop-tarts) ready for her when she woke up. (She was up a little early today..she called me at work just after 6am!) She took doughnuts to school for a birthday treat and she and I headed out for a little birthday fun once school was over. We went to the mall, just her and I, and she shopped my legs off. I told her to pick some things out, whatever she wanted, and she found a couple of very cute outfits. Of course, we couldn't leave the mall without first stopping at Claire's for a few accessories! It was so fun, walking and talking and laughing with my girl. She actually did all of the talking...I think she's been missing me since I started working. She had all kinds of things to tell me about! I love her dearly. She is such a good little friend. We met the boys at Culver's for cheeseburgers and then went home for what Olivia calls "extreme tornado cake" and presents.










She tried on her new outfits and got to stay up late with Chris and I after the boys went to bed. When it was finally time for her to get some sleep, I tucked her in and wished her one last "Happy Birthday." She looked up at me and smiled and said, "Thanks for the greatest Birthday ever. You showed me how much you love me!"

1 comment:

Cher said...

Jenn. That is sooooo sweet! That's just what us Mom's want our kids to know. That we love them. She truly got it!
P.S. Thanks for the advice about Hawaii. Though I miss my kids I'm so glad we went ahead on our trip!