Monday, February 16, 2009

BROTHERS


I think this shirt says it all about my boys. Sure, they love their sissy, but these two have a "thing" for each other. Nick is Ben's biggest protector and never hesitates to jump in if Ben is getting reprimanded for something. Ben finds Nick if he is sad or hurt and big brother immediately cuddles and loves him back to happiness. Ben, too, protects Nick and will say, "STOP! STOP!" and put his hand up if someone is bothering Nick. It's cute to see the two of them playing together. Nick teaches new fighting skills and Ben happily copies every move and sound with exactness. I love, love, love to see how much responsiblity Nick takes as the older brother, especially when it comes to making good choices and being a good example. Ben is usually bouncing off the walls when it's time for bedtime prayers, but Nick is always quick to kneel down, fold his arms and say, "Look Ben, kneel down like brother." Two seconds later, Ben is quiet, right next to Nick.I hope they are best friends forever!

p.s. I would have bought Nick a shirt that says "I heart Ben," but unfortunately, there isn't a Jonas Brother named Ben.....

No comments: