Friday, February 27, 2009

HAIRCUT



Today Chris took Ben to the salon to get his bangs cut. Prior to them leaving,we briefly talked about how it is probably time to cut his curls but we really don't want to do it yet, etc., etc. I didn't think we had made an official decision either way. Later in the day, I came home from work to a pretty little boy with a bob! Our wild man now looks like a wild woman....


After the initial shock wore off, I agreed with Chris that the final official decision to cut it had been left in the air and that yes, he does look darling with those big brown eyes finally visable. I wished I would have been there for such a monumental milestone. Surely he saved me a curl or two, right? Nope. Maybe took the camera to capture the moment that will never be relived? Nope. Heaven help this man that one day he will understand the importance of souvenirs....

Ben kept his interim haircut for a week and then I took him in for the final shear. Thank goodness for that little cup of graham crackers...it kept him busy for the 45 minutes it took to get him to boy status. At one point, he almost fell asleep! I held his head up as I was picking up curls off the floor (see above reference to souvenirs.) He did so well that he got TWO suckers as we headed out the door. I was so proud of the little buddy, but he doesn't look like my baby anymore! We've all decided that he looks just like Nick. He sure is a handsome little thing.

No comments: