Sunday, January 2, 2011

SNOW DAYS

I have lost count of how many snow days the kids have had in the last month. Maybe six? Seven? I know it's been enough to cut spring break short by three days, Easter break by one day and to add a couple more days to the last week of school. I think Missourians are crazy/wimpy, but that's only because I come from a place where winter is nine months long. I have to admit, it has been fun having them home. We (I) got caught off guard the first time around, and had to come up with stuff to keep them busy while they were home. We organized their school boxes, cleaned up their rooms, watched movies and played the wii. And it was nice enough outside that they spent a lot of time in the snow.
Every serious sledder wears ski goggles...
The second storm was a dakota-style blizzard. But we were ready. Groceries? Check. Hot cocoa with marshmellows? Check. Library books refreshed? Check. Craft projects? Check.  We did Valentines for the upcoming school parties and painted big brother/sister shirts for when the baby arrives. We read books by the fire and consumed large amounts of hot chocolate. And it was wonderful. So wonderful that I was a tiny bit sad when the three days were over...



I love watching Ben write his name...

I love these little rascals! Thanks for hanging out with me, guys! XOXOXOX

No comments: