Sunday, March 22, 2009

32



I am 32 today. Finally. I got a little mixed up somewhere and started thinking I was 32 several months ago. Not that I feel old though. I still think I am some young 19 year old chick with a flat stomach and tight rear end.....

My thirty-two years have served me well and I can say that today really is a celebration for me. Every birthday is... I love my life! I am blessed and happy and really wouldn't change a thing if I could. I have been working on a list, "MY 32 FAVORITES" as kind of a gift to myself. Somedays I need something to remind me of all the wonderful things in my life and this list will be able to do just that. Here it is and, after the first few items, the rest is in no particular order.

MY 32 FAVORITES
1 Christopher, My forever best friend and lover. You get me and love me anyway.
2. My little kiddies, complete with sticky fingers, dirty diapers and sassy faces. I could not love you more than I do.
3. Prayer. I know mine are answered by a loving Heavenly Father who knows me better than I know myself.
4. Parents who are eternally devoted to their family. Thanks for your example.
5. Snow storms, especially the really bad ones. It's the perfect time to clean and make soup.
6. The color green.
7. Every delicious piece of chocolate on earth. I will find you and eat you.
8. Good friends.
9. People Magazine
10. A Sunshiney beach and a good lounge chair. And a virgin Pina colada.
11. Playing games with my kids.
12. My education and the opportunity to see tiny newborn miracles every time I go to work.
13. Cooking with Nick.
14. A brother and sister who are the smartest, funniest, greatest people to hang out with. I love how    much we laugh together!
15. My sister's closet. It always has cuter stuff than mine.....!
16. Watching Ben sing.
17. Cheetos.
18. And Snickers Bars.
19. Pedicures
20. Target
21. Christmas Cards
22. Holding one of my kids while they sleep.
23. Weight Watchers
24. Walking Charlie-dog
25. Organizing stuff
26. My daily workout. The day always goes better if I've done a little sweatin'.
27. Wrestling my brother every time I see him.
28. HGTV
29. Beautiful shoes.
30. Surprising the kids
31. Holidays, every one of them!
32. Chinese food

No comments: