Monday, March 30, 2009

SWINTER


We've been ready for spring for weeks now. We thought it was right around the corner. Mother nature, however, has had different ideas so instead of tulips and grass and blue skies, we've had "swinter." (That's winter when it's supposed to be spring, according to Nick and Liv.) In the last two weeks, we've had four of the worst blizzards I've ever been in. And coming from a Dakota girl, that is saying something. School has been cancelled more times than we can count....Liv will now be in class until the middle of June in order to make up for all the snow days! So how exactly have we been keeping ourselves busy? The photos below sum up the last 14 days really well.... Thankfully these three are really best of friends so they can play hours together and be perfectly content..
Dreaming of warmer days and creating detailed maps for our summer travel plans. Doesn't every kid love rolling in snow and then jumping in hot water to burn off his or her skin? No one can survive a blizzard without baked goods, no one.

2 comments:

Mac said...

I don't know why I'm not getting your new posts until a week later - but I love this post. I loved the picture of the snow and the hot tub. But I'm sorry Jenn - I'll still stick with the south. It just looks way too cold even for a Brit like me!!

Cher said...

Love it Jenn! It's so good to hear what you've been up too! That is a lot of snow! It snowed about 5 inches here today and I thought that was bad.
Susie came up today and we spent the day together with our girls. My 'craft night' easter wreath (the one with the feathers and eggs on it) is still in good shape and hanging for all to see. Those were good times.