Friday, September 3, 2010

ART PROJECT

This is what I saw this morning.....

I immediately flipped and asked Nick, "What did you DO to your hair???" He answered that he had "No idea" what I was talking about. Yeah, right. I told him he was mysteriously missing a large chunk of hair in the front of his head and it looked terrible. "Oh, thaaat," he said, "Uh, well, see, yesterday in art class this boy that sits next to me reached right over and before I knew what was happening, he had cut a chunk of my hair. And then he cut his own, too." (Great. Sounds like the crazy kid is getting his start in first grade if you ask me....) Nick continued, "And then mom, the kid kept poking and poking the scissors at me, like he was going to jab me in the face. I went to tell the teacher but she just told me to 'go sit down'." I have to admit that as ticked as I was at this moment, I wasn't totally sure that I could believe all Nick that was telling me. I told him this and he reassured me that everything he said was absolutely true. I sent an email to his teacher, letting her know what I now knew and asked her to check into it. She emailed back immediately and was also concerned about the safety and behavior of the kids. Since a couple different classrooms combine for Art, she and the art teacher were both on the hunt for the little criminal cutter....
I never heard what came of it all, but I didn't really need to, since Nick told me the boy is now "minding his own business" during art class. I asked him if the art teacher ever said anything to him about it and Nick's reply was, "Well, no, she didn't say anything to me but I know she's not going to be choosing him as artist of the week, that's for sure!" Good old Nick. I hope he's minding his own business at school, too. I would throdle him if I knew he was doing stuff like this to another kid! I do, however, have to give the little criminal a little credit.....at least he chose a child in need of a haircut.....

thick and feathery.....
A few days later on his birthday....bangs are shorter and choppier
to make up for the missing hair. His "do" has been saved, just
 in time for school pictures next week!

No comments: