Sunday, September 19, 2010

BEN



 This little guy is the love of my life right now. He has just come out of a ratty 3-year old phase (see BACK TO SCHOOL, PART 2 POST) and blossomed into the sweetest, most agreeable, obedient little boy on the planet. I can't WAIT for him to wake up each day because he is so fun to be around. His smile and that dimple and those little teeth light up a room. He laughs and chit chats and tells jokes like a big school-aged kid. And some of the stuff he says cracks me up. Here are some favorites:

"I willn't" (I won't)
"Fiiiiiine!" (When giving into to a parental request)
"Shut it, Nick!"
"Mom, I want dinner." (It's 6am, you mean breakfast...)
"Dear Heavenly Father and Jesus..." (Beginning of every single prayer. And he never forgets to pray...)
"Meany Nick!"
"You the best dad in the world, dad."
"Thank you for this meal, mom, thank you."
"Oh, _______! That's my FAVORITE!" (Could be just about anything in the blank...)



Most days he and Olivia are best of friends while he and Nick have kind of a love/hate relationship at the moment. If they are doing something imaginative and adventurous, they could not be any kinder or more loving to each other. But if they are tired and bored and looking for someone to bug they almost always find each other and then the war begins! Both of the big kids are really cute about including Ben in their games and even when their friends come over to play. Very rarely is Ben on the "outs" and I know he feels so special and big when he is included!  Of everyone in the world right now, Chris is hands down Ben's favorite person. Every minute he is awake, he wants to be with his Daddy. To Ben, Chris is the strongest, bravest, smartest daddy ever and he tells him so all the time!

Striking a deal with Dad
Did I mention that this kid loves his Dad?!




Outside of family, he loves his little friend, Elyssa, and the little playdates they  have together. The great thing about Ben is that he also plays really well on his own. He sings and dances and builds legos and reads and makes forts and draws and all kinds of things. 
He is just my buddy and we even have a good time running errands together and, his favorite, going out to lunch. (It hasn't always been this way, trust me. But right now it is great!!) Thanks Ben for being the sunshine in my every day. I love you with all my heart. You are so so so special to me! And you ARE my baby, even if you don't think so! xoxoxxo

1 comment:

Frozen Chosen said...

What a handsome boy! So jealous we don't live close enough to be around him!